As a nonprofit organization, St. Charles Health System has a responsibility to give back to the Central Oregon community. It is our honor and privilege to fill this important role.
We take our role as a community resource seriously and do our best to partner with other local groups to ensure Central Oregonians have access to the health services they need when they need them most. We are proud of the contribution our community benefit program makes to support a healing environment and a healthier future for our friends and neighbors.
Safety Net Grant Projects
The St. Charles Community Benefit Department selects a variety of projects each year with the common goal of addressing the health care needs within our region. Recent projects include:
- Bethlehem Inn: Support for the organization’s Transforming Lives program.
- Council on Aging of Central Oregon: Funds will go toward the organization’s Family Respite Program.
- Family Access Network: Funding to support critical FAN advocates in Deschutes County.
- Jericho Road: Funds go toward weekend food program that provides food for Redmond kids during the weekend.
- Crook County School District: Funds go toward weekend food program that provides food for Prineville kids during the weekend.
- Madras United Methodist Church: Funds go toward weekend food program that provides food for Madras kids during the weekend.
- Jefferson County Faith Based Network: Grant funds will support organization’s Our Community at the Park event, Community Food network and LINC program.
- MountainStar Family Relief: Support for the organization’s mission to prevent child abuse and neglect through community support and therapeutic services that help vulnerable children and families succeed.
- Healthy Beginnings: Funds will go toward helping organization’s mission to provide access to health, education and behavior services for young children and their families.
- Saving Grace: Organization provides comprehensive family violence and sexual assault intervention services for victims and to promote the value of living life free from violence in the community.
- Kemple Memorial Children’s Dental Clinic: Support for organization’s dental clinic and school/community-based screen and seal program.
- KIDS Center: Support for the KIDS Center child abuse intervention center serving Central Oregon. KIDS Center evaluates and treats more than 300 children a year who are suspected victims of abuse.
- NeighborImpact: Support for organization’s Fresh to You program that aims to provide food to underserved residents in Central Oregon.
- Mosaic Medical: Funds will support access to primary care for homeless through mobile community clinic.